As the accountancy world tries to keep up with the pace of change, productivity remains the top priority. IT can solve many of the problems accountants face every day. From automating repetitive tasks and accounting functions, to allowing you to access your work anywhere, advancements in technology have provided solutions which increase efficiencies amongst staff, and ultimately increase customer satisfaction.
So why should you invest in your IT services? Here’s how your firm could benefit:
Cyber-attacks are becoming increasingly advanced, especially in the wake of Covid-19 due to the resulting rise in remote work. The pandemic provided an excellent opportunity for cyber-criminals to attack vulnerable areas within businesses, as being away from the office required additional security measures. It’s not just working from home that exposes your business to potential security issues. Since apps such as Xero, QuickBooks, Sage, and more can be used on the go, the risk is higher. You need to ensure that all your business’ endpoint devices are properly protected from unexpected cyber-attacks.
Luckily, there are IT solutions available to help you
- Enrol your staff in proper cyber-security training. It’s not enough to simply rely on anti-viral software. Your staff are your first line of defence against cyber-attack. They need to be aware of what to look for, in order to effectively prevent data breaches.
- Consistently update and monitor your business’ defences to reduce risks. To find out more about the tools available to you, check out our eBook.
- Implement an incident management plan. This drastically minimises the chance of unplanned downtime.
Provide quality customer service
We all know that the technological landscape is ever-evolving. In recent years, digital service capabilities have expanded to include smart analytics, AI, robotics process automation and intelligent automation, to name a few. Client expectations have also developed. To ensure success, accountancy firms need to modernise and be flexible enough to adapt their processes as technology progresses.
How can you use IT to exceed client expectations?
- Show awareness of your new market. Gen Z have grown up around technology and have a deeper understanding of it than baby boomers. You need to be able to adapt your services appropriately to keep up and modernise.
- Use clear, comprehensible digital dashboards and reports to deliver data to clients. This will help you to develop a relationship with them based on information and trust.
- Maintain user-friendly processes while you enhance your technology to improve services. Sometimes keeping it simple is good. Want to know more? There’s further information in our eBook.